The role of the CIO is even more integral as enterprises shift from tackling digital transformation projects to living in a fully digital society
Dr. Mukesh Mehta
CTO - Batlivala & Karani Securities
Key priorities for 2021
A mindset shift is required from a CIO in a digital society. The role and responsibility of the CIO has changed from typically driving projects and deliveries to business executive. The transformational CIO collaborates on digital strategies, leads organization change, drives agile practices and experiments with platform and emerging technologies.
In short, CIOs are transitioning from traditional IT service delivery to a more strategic role. The divide between organizations that are executing a digital strategy and those that have not started is becoming more pronounced. Today, CIOs are spending more time on aligning IT projects with business goals, leading business innovation, and organizational change programs.
There are multiple changes that the leadership must adapt to, and evolve with to meet the business demands. The role of the CIO is even more integral as enterprises shift from tackling digital transformation projects to living in a fully digital society.
Adopting Work-From Anywhere
Digital adoption has taken a quantum leap at both the organizational and industry levels
We expect India Inc. to look at the following:
● Work from home as a means to cut investments on office infrastructure
● Adapt with tools to make work from home more productive and secure
● Preparedness to cope with unexpected challenges
● More investments in strengthening security infrastructure
● Cloud for data access and better data control
Redesigning IT & Security strategy
Every organization needs to evaluate IT strategies, few steps we have taken are highlighted below:
● A dedicated monitoring team for the infrastructure
● A secure browsing and email access for user’s who do work from home
● PAM to help track server activities performed, like which user logged in and which command was executed
● Security assessments and configuration assessments should be performed regularly for on-premise as well as for remote user’s and cloud infrastructure, application to find the loopholes in the infrastructure and fix it
● Robust response mechanism for incidents
● A DLP to protect from data leak and Email encryption.
Jet Airways to take to the skies again, to restart commercial
Jet Airways, one of the biggest players in the Indian airline industry once...
NetApp announces the launch of its managed cloud DaaS solution
NetApp has announced the general availability of Spot PC, the managed clo...
Airtel appoints new independent Board directors
Bharti Airtel has announced the appointment of PK Sinha and Shyamal Mukher...
CITADEL INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS PVT. LTD.
TVS ELECTRONICS LIMITED
LAVA INTERNATIONAL LTD.
BUSY INFOTECH PVT. LTD.
Icons Of India 2021: AMIT CHADHA
Icons Of India 2021: Amit is the Chief Executive Officer & Managing D...
Icons Of India 2021 : PROF. S. SADAGOPAN
Professor Sadagopan is currently the Director (President) of IIIT-Bang...