vivo focusing on building a successful brand foundation in India
Brand Strategy - vivo India
Brand Projections 2019
vivo entered the India market in 2014, with a long-term commitment and a clear strategy to keep the customer at the center of all its operations. In 2019, vivo would be completing five glorious years in the country and expects the year to be yet another exciting one. vivo is looking further to strengthen its presence across India in the near future.
A part of this focus has been on striking the right balance between online and offline channels to drive growth in the market. vivo today has an extensive network of distributors and retailers with 70,000 retail outlets, 4000 modern trade outlets and more than 250 exclusive vivo outlets.
Growth journey in India
vivo’s growth in India has been a result of multiple factors – strong product portfolio across price segments, extensive distribution network (both offline and online), reliable after-sales service and substantial marketing inputs to build a strong brand.
Through these factors and many more, such as employee and partner dedication, vivo has become a strong brand in the Indian market. As per its recent brand track reports, vivo continues to have 100% awareness and ranks 2nd in consideration and preference.
Collaboration with IPL
As a brand, vivo has always believed in promoting and celebrating the spirit of sports in India. Collaborating with India's most significant sporting extravaganza – the Indian Premier League has played a crucial role in ensuring connect with vivo’s customers in India.
In terms of brand engagement during IPL, vivo activates multiple touchpoints to facilitate a delightful experience for its audience. Right from creating brand recall to reaching out to pan-India audience, the association has been significant in building brand and product awareness.
Commitment towards R&D
India is an important market for vivo, and it is wholly committed to the ‘Make in India’ initiative. It has strengthened its manufacturing capacity with the right investments at the right time. In mid-2018, vivo invested INR 300 Cr in its Greater Noida plant which employs more than 5,000 people and an annual manufacturing capacity of nearly 25 million products.
Later, in December 2018, vivo invested an additional INR 4,000 crore for setting up a new manufacturing plant in India. It has also acquired a 169-acre land in the Yamuna Expressway Region which aims to generate additional employment of 5000 people in the first phase of expansion and double the current production capacity to 50 million units per annum.
The next opportunity that vivo is looking at is to invest in the design, research and development (R&D) centers that will help it to introduce ‘Design in India’ which will give further impetus to its “Make in India” strategy.
Name of the Founder : Shen Wei
Headquarter: Dongguan, Guangdong, China
Year of inception : Established in 2009, as part of the BBK Group
Interesting Facts :
• vivo in 2018, announced the acquisition of 169-acres of land to set up another manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh with an investment of INR 4000 crore.
• For the year 2018, vivo has been the market leader in 20-30K segment with 39% market share. Furthermore, vivo holds the #2 position, by value, in the Indian Smartphone space with 19.7% value market share.
• On the marketing front, vivo has signed up Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador, announced the title sponsorship of big- ticket properties like IPL and PKL and innovative product integration in key TV properties like ‘Kaun Banega rorepati’ and ‘Big Boss' (Tamil).
The path-breaking products/solutions from last FY :
• In 2018, vivo launched NEX, the world's first phone featuring the Elevating Front Camera and In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology with an impressive 91.24 percent screen-to-body ratio.
• vivo also brought the in-display fingerprint scanning technology for the masses with its V11 Pro in the 20-30K segment.
PyTorch- Facebook’s Default AI Framework
Facebook recently said it would migrate all its AI systems to PyTorch. Fa...
Worldwide Smartphone Sales Grew 26% in First Quarter of 2021
After a steep decline in 2020, global smartphone sales to end users grew 26...
India's notebook shipments more than double to 2.5 million in
PC shipments (including tablets) in India grew by 72% year on year in Q1 20...
Tally Solutions (P) Ltd.
VU Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Brightstar Telecommunications India Limited
IBall- Best IT World India Private Limited